Sunday, November 20, 2022

Best quotes - The Crown

 THE CROWN :

 The Crown is a OTT listed historical drama television series about Queen Elizabeth II's reign, created and primarily written by Peter Morgan and produced by Left Bank Pictures and Sony Pictures Television. Morgan based it on his drama film The Queen (2006) and, in particular, his stage play The Audience (2013). The first season begins with Elizabeth's marriage to Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Few Best lines from OTT Special - The Crown:


    King George:

    • “It is better to be patient and get what you desire in the right time, than have high office thrust upon you when you are not ready.”
    •  “Keep one eye on the future. The distant future.

     

    Queen Mary :  

    •       To do nothing is the hardest job of all. And it will take every ounce of energy that you have. To be impartial is not natural, not human.
    •    “I have seen three great monarchies brought down through their failure to separate personal indulgences from duty.”

    Queen Elizabeth : 



    •  “That’s the thing about unhappiness. All it takes is for something worse to come along and you realize it was actually happiness after all.”
    • ”There is no possibility of my forgiving you. The question is, how on Earth can you forgive yourself?”
    • “Some things can only be perceived one way because they only have one meaning.”
    • “In an increasingly complex world, we all need certainty.”
    • ” It is not my job to govern. But it is my job to ensure proper governance.”
    • "The trouble is, I have the sort of face that if I'm not smiling, then everyone says, 'Oh, isn't she cross?"
    • “I am aware that I am surrounded by people who feel that they could do the job better, strong people with powerful characters, but for better or worse, the crown has landed on my head.”
    •  “The first 10 years of marriage are just an overture. That there’s often a crisis at 10 years, but then you work it out and settle in and it’s only then that it really gets into its stride.”
    • “Some Things Can Only Be Perceived One Way Because They Only Have One Meaning.”
    • “I would ask you to consider your response in light of the respect that my rank and office deserve, not that which my age and gender might suggest.”

     

    Princess Diana :


    • "I'm not a political animal but I think the biggest disease this world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved, and I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give—I'm very happy to do that, and I want to do that."
    • "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."

     

    Margaret Thatcher :

    • “No man knows who he truly is until either his life is threatened, or he’s given power.”

     

    Winston Churchill :

    • “No man should be punished for love.”
    •  “Where there is heroism there will always be hope.”
    • “People have to be angry at someone. But as leader, one cannot simply react to everything.”

    Princess Margaret :

    •     “Self-pity won’t get you very far, you just have to get on with it.”

     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please do not add any spam link in the comment box, Thanks.